Sunday, October 26, 2008

What's in a Name?


I was looking at the best baby name book for ideas for the upcoming little girl. Naturally, I looked up my other kids' names. I thought the comment on Max's was particularly appropriate.
"...makes you smile, with tons of mischievous life packed into three little letters."
It reminded me of a few Max stories:
  1. Once, at storytime, when you were supposed to make the sound of each animal, Max insisted on "mooing" loudly at each page despite there being no cows.
  2. Another time, he got quite angry at his mother about something. He probably would have used profanity, if he had had the words. Instead, all he could come up with was "You...you...put yourself in a trash can!"
  3. Finally, after helping his mother shop at Target, they went to the car and opened the trunk to put the stuff in. Max - trying to be silly - loudly says, "Mommy, don't put me in the trunk!" Naturally, that elicited some strange looks.
Of course, Max has his sweet side, too. The other day, he had a kindergarten "W" assignment to write three things that he would wish for. He wrote, "I would wish for...

  1. Go to school 7 days in a row
  2. 2 balloons
  3. Something to drink
That reminds me. I'm thirsty.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

With Max Molly & Luke, you need another L to balance it out.