I've been known to play a game or two in my day. Actually, I was sort of surprised that RuneScape wasn't listed as one of the games to try out. It's certainly the most popular game I've seen played in the library. I've tried it, but it just wasn't as slick & fun as some of the games I normally play (Civ4, Heroes of Might and Magic).
Anyway, I watched the Second Life video. I'm familiar with Second Life, so it wasn't anything new to me. Frankly, I didn't think the video was very good at selling the 'game'. There just didn't look to be anything to do. I know there is, but the video didn't show any of it -- just running around empty space.
I downloaded and tried Puzzle Pirates, though. I tried the bilging and the carpentry. The bilging was pretty much the same game as Bejeweled, if you've ever played that. Speaking of Bejeweled, if you like that game, try "Puzzle Quest" - which is an adventure game on the Nintendo DS or PSP. There's one on Xbox now, too. So. in Puzzle Quest, you have a fantasy character that goes on an adventure and quests, but whenever you get into combat, you use a Bejeweled-type game to determine who wins the fight.
Ok, back to Puzzle Pirates. I also tried the carpentry game. That was actually pretty interesting and challenging. I'm not sure how much replay value it has for me, but it did make me think and probably delayed the onset of Alzheimer's by a few hours.
In summary, I learned a few new games. Nothing too innovative, from my perspective. But, I'm always willing to learn a new game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I prefer Cubis, JT Blocks or Pyramid at least online.
Post a Comment