I tried out the Library Thing...umm...thing. Anyway, I know some people are using it to catalog their personal collection of books. But, personally, I don't have the space in my house to maintain my own 'library'. Plus, I work in a library, why would I want to own stuff?
On the other hand, I've been using a notebook to maintain a list of the books I've been reading since 2005. This might be a more elegant way to approach that problem. I like being able to rate them & leave my own comments/notes. I'm not feeling an overwhelming urge to tag my catalog. Speaking of my catalog, I'm supposed to provide a link to it. Here it is: Catalog I haven't gotten around to entering my whole list of titles yet, but there's a start.
I'm also not sure about the reviews and the conversations on Library. The quality of the discourse seems to be at a higher level than, say, on Amazon. But still, I don't want to read spoilers in advance. And after I've read something, who has time to read what strangers think of it? Not me - I work full time and have 3 kids (4, if you count the one on the way). Yes, you read that right. Due in February or thereabouts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats on number 4!
Congratulations! Wow! Four!!! (I think I'm jealous!)
GOOD LORD! You guys are nutty, but how exciting! Congratulations!
Post a Comment