I love podcasts. I've been listening to them regularly for over a year now. You can find them on just about any topic you're interested in, subscribe to them, then listen at your leisure. I like that I'm able to learn and make productive time out of time that would otherwise be spent commuting, mowing the lawn, staining the deck, doing the laundry, etc. I put them onto my iPod and then listen to them as I can. In the car, I don't have a direct input jack into my stereo, but I have a device that plugs into my cigarette lighter and broadcasts my iPod output, which my radio picks up and I can hear in the car without headphones.
Here are some of my subscription list:
The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe: A science and skepticism podcast. Lots of humor and science news, plus debunking of claims ghosts, bigfoot, astrology, etc. Hosted by Dr Steven Novella, neurologist at Yale University. Very funny. They have the main podcast, plus a shorter (5-minute) one.
Pulp Gamer: A podcast about non-electronic games - mostly boardgames. They have several different podcasts, actually, including a "family night" podcast, reviews of games, interviews with game producers, etc.
Shields and Brooks on Jim Lehrer's NewsHour: A solid political overview for the week.
Real Time with Bill Maher: Humor and politics from his HBO show. You'd have to pay to watch it (it's on HBO), but you can listen to the podcast for free.
Midmorning: From MPR with Kerri Miller. Haven't added this one to my list yet, but I'm going to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment