Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thing #20: Facebook

I got an account on Facebook. Honestly, I wasn't too interested in social networking. I know it's popular and lots of people swear by it. But, I don't know, if I need to communicate with people, e-mail seems to be working fine.

Anyway, I got an account and proceeded to look into getting "friends". It felt weird to have to ask for friends. "Will you be my friend?" It's embarrassing. I really felt like a loser. But, I did find a couple people that I hadn't seen in a long time. So, it could be interesting. Also, I know a lot of people have some interesting tools and gadgets on their Facebook pages. So, I've just scratched the surface, I think.

I do have two friends now, though...

2 comments:

Carrie Watts said...

I'm so proud of you, Admiral! (And happy for you that you have 2 friends.) I liked that you put the podcasts you're listening to on your last Thing, so I can copycat you (when I get my ipod)

~K said...

Happy to be your friend ... I don't think you're a loser! (nice link, btw)