Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thing #23: Final Thoughts

Made it all the way through!

While there were definitely some things that are not for me, there was much that was useful. What bigger compliment can I make than that I have permanently added several of them to my life. Let's review some of my favorites:

Things I really like, but was already using:

iGoogle: Love the configurable page. Adapt it to whatever works for you. I'm using it as my homepage.

Podcasts: So much content out there. So easy to get. Free. And it makes productive my travel time or down time.

Wikis: There's so much untapped pontential here. I still think they're really underutilized. I wish more people were into them. I use wikis for two different groups that I'm a part of.

Things I really like, and only started using as a result of 23 Things...

RSS feeds: I knew what they were in principle, but never bothered to figure it exactly how it works. It just didn't seem worth the bother. I'm sure glad I have now. Saves me a lot of running around.

Flickr: I'm using it as an off-site backup to my digital photography. So, when my house burns to the ground, at least I won't lose my pictures...

Facebook:
I'm back in contact with someone I hadn't talked to in 16 years, so what's not to like. I definitely wouldn't have done this without the 23 things program.

I look forward to more 23 things programs. I hope you guys haven't used up all the good things out there.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

Congrats on the end.