Calendar: I tried Spongecell, mostly because I like the idea of being able to sync it to my iPod. Then, I could carry one fewer thing. But, I don't know, it's sort of a nuisance to enter all that data in there. I'm not convinced it's worth the return. I'd like to have info about all the shifts I'm at the Reference Desk, etc. But, it'd take a long time to fill that in. For my purposes, a small paper calendar probably still works best.
Ta Da List: I signed up for this list-making tool. Again, I don't know if it's worth nuisance of doing it online. I do make lists, but I like them to be portable -- and I don't always have the internet right in front of me.
Here is a sample list I made.
Things I need to do at the library:
- Walk up to the Reference Desk physically trying to tug a museum pass away from another patron (yes, two people did this -- one says "We have a problem"...)
- Sit down at an internet terminal with a soaking wet swimsuit (yes, it happened -- next patron didn't appreciate it...)
- Ask the librarian about info on "traps for catching leprechauns" (real question from 3/8/02)
- Tell the librarian, and I quote, "My scorpion is acting funny. Do you have any books on them?" (real from 10/16/99 -- by the way, what does your scorpion have to do before you notice it's "acting funny"?)
- Heat up my lasagna (yes, a week or two ago someone came up and asked if we have a microwave to heat up their lasagna. Ok, I like the idea of food in the library, but now people are bringing in pans of lasagna?!? When did this place turn into a Garfield comic strip?)
So, I'll go to ... uh ... Roseville and do all this stuff in the next couple of days.
Anyway, I'm not convinced by Ta Da List. But, I've added a google list-making gadget to my iGoogle page. We'll see if I stick with it.
Backpack: Please. I'm not paying for a service like Backpack. Aren't I entitled to cool, free internet tools?!

No comments:
Post a Comment